Thursday, November 02, 2023

7:30 AM - 9:00 AM

7:30 AM – 7:50 AM: Registration
7:50 AM – 9:00 AM: Breakfast & Program

VENUE

Grand Hyatt Seoul, Namsan 2 (2 Fl.)

EVENT DESCRIPTION
Leverage the differences, Lead by example

This engaging roundtable focuses on leveraging differences and addressing gender biases, including unconscious bias, in the context of sales, deal-making, negotiations, and client relationship building. Participants can discuss challenges and ways that women excel in these areas while managing biases and stereotypes. This interactive roundtable aims to provide a platform for sharing experiences, knowledge, and actionable advice to understand how women in sales and negotiations could leverage their strengths in a proactive way. Whether you are a seasoned sales professional, a newcomer to the field, or someone interested in promoting diversity and inclusion in your own industry, this event promises valuable insights and networking opportunities.

Detail

TOPIC The Art of the Deal: The Female Advantage in Deal-Making, Negotiations, and Strong Client Relationships
COST KRW 88,000 for members
KRW 88,000 for non-members (My company is an AMCHAM member)
KRW 108,000 for non-members
RSVP/
PAYMENT BY
Noon, Monday, October 30, 2023

* No refunds or cancellations after this date and time.
* Please complete registration in advance. No walk-ins or payments accepted at the door.
* 2 complimentary admission for Founding Partners.
* Complimentary Parking Available. (Valet parking NOT included.)

About the Speaker

[Moderator] Namju Cho, Director of Communications & Marketing, Dulwich College Seoul

Namju Cho is the Director of Communications and Marketing at Dulwich College Seoul, where she oversees all branding, marketing, and communication activities to support the school’s mission of inspiring global citizens to make a positive difference in the world. Under her leadership, Namju has helped raise Dulwich’s overall visibility and contributed to the school being at full capacity with waitlists throughout most year groups.

During her 28 years of storytelling experience, Namju has consistently been a trailblazing champion of women's rights and advocate for underserved communities. She was the first Korean national and woman to be named staff reporter at the Wall Street Journal’s Seoul bureau. She advocated for survivors of human trafficking and modern-day slavery, during which time she became the first Korean American woman to serve on the Women’s Health Council under California’s health services agency.

Click to view SPEAKER’S FULL BIO

[Panelist] Jay-Son Yang, Senior Foreign Attorney, Yulchon LLC

Jay-Son (JS) Yang is a Senior Foreign Attorney at Yulchon, LLC. Prior to joining Yulchon in 2021, Jay-Son worked as a senior legal counsel for Citibank Korea Inc. where she primarily dealt with corporate governance matters and financial regulations. Jay-Son worked closely with AMCHAM Korea throughout her tenure at Citi, representing foreign financial institutions in Korea for regulatory communication and legal advocacy. In 2021-22, Jay-Son was appointed as a member of the Financial Development Deliberation Council, which is the advisory board of the Financial Services Commission (FSC). From 2019-21, Jay-Son was the President of In-House Counsel Forum (IHCF), a nation-wide association of more than 2,000 corporate counsels in Korea. Since March 2023, Jay-Son serves as an independent board member of Meritz Securities Co., Ltd.

[Panelist] Jinny Yang, Head of TB Korea & TB Sales, Managing Director, Transaction Banking, Standard Chartered Bank Korea

Jinny Yang joined Standard Chartered Bank Korea in 2006 and is currently Managing Director and Head of Transaction Banking and TB Sales, Korea.

She began her career in 1994 from Citi Bank and most of her career is with Transaction Banking in the various position such as Cash Product manager, IBAM & DCDA Head and TB Sales both for IC & CB. She also experienced GS RM and Head of Korea Desk when she worked in Standard Chartered Bank New York. When she was with HSBC after Citi Bank, she led Korea organic growth project to remove the product capabilities gap from the local competitors.

[Panelist] Mijin Kim, Head of Enterprise Sales Organization, HP Korea Inc.

Mijin is the head of Enterprise Sales organization at HP Korea.

Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at Yonsei University, she started her career as a computer programmer in a Korean company and after moving to HP as a customer engineer, she took the initiative to transfer to Asia headquarter in Singapore and spent 6.5 years on different regional roles before returning to Korea.

Since then, she has continued to expand her career journey building diverse experiences in a wide range of areas from Solutions Marketing, Product Category Management, Marketing Communication and PR, Services and Solutions Business, Strategic Planning and Business Development, Planning and Operation to Sales.

[Panelist] Grace Jeong, Sales Head of Vehicle Repair & Maintenance Dept., Henkel Korea

Sales Head of Vehicle Repair & Maintenance at Henkel Korea, having 9 years of sales experience in various fields from Consumer to Industrial business.

I joined Henkel Korea as a CS due to my interest in import/export management, and then started my career in sales when I took on Account Manager role. Over the past nine years in sales, I have experienced three different industries such as Consumer Goods, General Manufacturing, and Automotive Aftersales (OES). As a result of these experiences, I have been able to expand my work scope in diverse work environments every year.

Currently, I am fulfilling two additional roles besides Sales Manager: Sales Representative and Global Key Account Manager for Hyundai Kia Motors. In 2022, my team won a regional award for a target account collaboration with Hyundai OES to develop a new panel bonder.

Contact

(email) committees@amchamkorea.org

(phone) 02-6201-2229