Dear AMCHAM Members,
Today the Korean Government has announced its “Living with COVID-19 Scheme," a phased approach to ease COVID-19 restrictions. Some of the highlights are as follows:
1. Phased One Starting November 1, 2021
● Maximum 10 people could gather for private meetings without any time restriction.
● Allow up to 99 attendees at events (maximum 499 if all attendees are fully vaccinated or present negative PCR test results).
● Lift restrictions on business hours for "multi-purpose facilities," except entertainment facilities which will be allowed to operate until midnight.
● Introduce "Vaccine Pass" system, requiring people to show a full COVID-19 vaccination certificate (via "COOV" app or paper-based) or a negative PCR test result to enter multi-purpose facilities.
2. Phase Two Starting in mid-December, 2021
● Under "Vaccine Pass" system, large-scale concerts and street rallies will be allowed.
● Lift restrictions on business hours fr entertainment facilities.
3. Phase Three Starting in Late January, 2022
● Lift restrictions on private gatherings.
Please see the attachments for details.
AMCHAM commends the Korean Government's commitment to safeguarding public health while supporting economic recovery. We view the government's "Living with COVID-19 Scheme" a step in the right direction, putting business and people on the path to normalcy.
We remain committed to advocating for our member companies and value any feedback you may have regarding this policy measure. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the AMCHAM Government & Corporate Affairs Team.