Dear AMCHAM Members,
The Korean Government has released its official guidance on the mandatory quarantine exemption for fully vaccinated people re-entering Korea from overseas.
The exemption is limited for now to those vaccinated in Korea. However, AMCHAM continues to work with both the U.S. and Korean governments to find a solution that will enable those vaccinated in the U.S. to enter Korea without quarantine.
Effective from May 5, 2021, those who have been fully vaccinated in Korea and meet the following conditions will be exempted from the mandatory 14-day isolation when arriving from overseas:
1. Full vaccination must be completed in Korea before overseas departure.
(Departure must be two weeks after the vaccination.)
2. Must submit a negative COVID-19 test result after re-entering Korea.
3. Must show no COVID-19 symptoms.
4. Arrivals from countries* with prevalent variant cases are excluded.
* South Africa, Malawi, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania, Brazil, Suriname, Paraguay
* Further notice to be made in case of changes in the list
Individuals who satisfy the conditions above can apply for a quarantine exemption to the public health center of the district where they reside after returning to Korea.
Please see the attachment for details. (Only the Korean version is available.)