Travel & Tourism is the United States’ 3rd largest export sector of goods & services, exceeding $7.3 bn in 2014. The Visit USA Committee serves as a forum for AMCHAM members to discuss travel and tourism sector issues, assess regulatory changes, exchange industry views and shape policies with both Korean and US Govt policy makers in all areas impacting the industry. It serves as the industry advocate for promoting the economic value of tourism, and facilitating in-country, market based activities that promote the USA as a destination of preference to the Korean market in concert with Brand USA, the public-private National Tourism Office of the United States of America. The Committee is part of the US Travel Association’s worldwide network of “Visit USA Committees”. The Korea committee’s membership includes a diverse scope of businesses that are touched by travel and tourism.
Activities in Support of this Mission
• Quarterly workshops for exchanging industry information, best practices and developing cross- marketing opportunities between members to increase market demand and commercial activity
• Sponsorship of Korean trade and consumer events to promote awareness and demand for US travel
• In country marketing co-ordination with “Brand USA” to secure matching funds for the execution of marketing activities in Korea that build economic value for members and foster US commerce
• Serve as a clearing house for travel related industry data for members
• Liason with US Travel Association and Brand USA in Washington, DC to lobby key Korea issues and execute global marketing initiatives in Korea through the Committee members
DAVID RUCH - UNITED AIRLINES, INC. (02-754-2932)