1) Committee's Mission Statement
The Small & Medium Size Enterprises Committee will serve as a forum for AMCHAM members to discuss common issues that affect businesses with small & medium-sized operations in Korea. The purpose is to enhance and promote closer association among American related businesses and share “best practices” ideas. In addition, also provide a mechanism to bring regulatory issues to the attention of the relevant Korean Government and US Embassy authorities; thru reviews with the AMCHAM Board
2) Activities in Support of the Mission
• Regular meetings on Small & Medium Size Enterprises related topics featuring guest speakers from with the various industries and government agencies as required;
• Develop Sub-team members by business function to be the experts in gathering and presenting best practice ideas and needs;
• Coordinate combined committee meetings with other AMCHAM Committees when there is a topic overlap and when it makes sense. For example: should taxes on small businesses become a desired topic of discussion or Intellectual Property Rights a joint meeting with the relevant committees would be entertained.
• Provide opinions on Small Business Operations in Korea regulations to the AMCHAM Board for review and discussion with the relevant Korean government and US Embassy authorities through the appropriate approval process.