1) Committee's mission statement and list of general activities in support of
that mission statement:
To contribute to the improvement of the knowledgebase of our committee members and their representative companies via various "Advocacy and Educational" initiatives to help promote commercial, economic and cultural exchanges to the enhancement of the educational environment for our members and their families.
Advocacy: The Education Committee will outreach to the constituency base to represent and advocate issues and concerns to address the enhancement of education in Korea.
Education: The Education Committee will also serve as a communication liaison between the Ministry of Education and the community at large to keep current on the educational trends, policy and regulations that impact education in Korea. Our aim is to promote the enhancement of the educational environment for our members and their families.
2) A description of specific committee activities planned for 2014, including possible guest speakers:
· Quarterly meetings with Guest Speakers
· Proposed months: MARCH, MAY, SEPT., NOV. (Last Tuesdays of every month with considerations for most favorable venues and times dependent on the constituencies)
· Topics for Consideration: Various School Development Projects
Corporate Social Responsibility
Value of Tuition versus Extended Hagwon Programs
BETTY CHUNG - KAIST BUSINESS SCHOOL (02-958-3676)
JUNE KANG - SEOUL FOREIGN SCHOOL (02-330-3116)
STEVE MCKINNEY - MCKINNEY CONSULTING (02-725-3830)
SUN-SHIK MIN - YBM SI-SA (02-2000-0202)