1) Committee's mission statement and list of general activities in support of
that mission statement:
The SME Committee represents the interest of small- and medium-sized enterprises within AMCHAM Korea through informative committee meetings with guest speakers, educational seminars and government advocacy. SME Committee endeavors to recruit and help retain AMCHAM members from SMEs and small Korea-based organizations of large enterprises that comprise a sizable percentage of current and potential AMCHAM Korea members, coming from a diverse mix of industries.
All SME businesses or Korean operations of large businesses, that qualifies via head count of 50 or less employees in Korea.
2) A description of specific committee activities planned for 2016, including possible guest speakers:
· How to manage Korean office expenses- what are the options; - what are the positive & negative aspects with each option?
· How to determine when the use of an attorney is required or when a paralegal is sufficient - specific examples.
· New Business Orientation Seminar - event with a various experts providing tips: e.g. how to get involved with various AMCHAM Committees and other organizations, such as how can the Seoul Global Center help ensure one's success.
· The ROK President's SME Development Program ─ what grants & benefits are available for AMCHAM Korea SMEs
· Cost-effective promotions ─ without a viable advertising budget.
· Handling SME operations books and taxes ─ what are the options suitable for small operations.
· How to deal with government authorities as a small operations manager ─ what can be done by oneself and what options may be available if one needs help.
JEFFREY BOHN - EDGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. (02-734-2732)
STEVE MCKINNEY - MCKINNEY CONSULTING INC. (02-725-3830)